Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Extortioners

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

It is not unusual for me to receive 2 to 4 emails a day from so-called "pastors" who are asking me to give them money.  Usually they attach a reason that touches the heart.

Today I was thinking of the word "extortioner" ...

An extortioner is one who tries to get money by deceptive means.  

Paul told us if a "brother" (Christian) is an extortioner ... we are to put such out of the church and not even eat with them (don't partake of their words) ... don't keep company with such.

11But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. 12For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?  13But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person. I Cor. 5

(We are not supposed to judge those "without" ... those who are of the world.  But Paul said we are supposed to judge the church when a brother is a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner.  We are to put such out of the church.)

Wicked is a word used often the the Bible.


Wicked means:  one who is likely to cause trouble, difficulty, harm

Concerning the emails they send me ... When I identify those begging for money, I just delete their emails without reading them.  If they have to ask me to pay for their "good" works, I know their work is not really of God.

I have no doubt there are many, many "extortioners" in the ministry.  God will reward them according to their evil deeds when this is the case. 

And I recall these words of Jesus ... 4For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. Mt. 24