Tuesday, May 22, 2012

? Suffering in the flesh ?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

1Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; 2That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God. I Peter 4

Suffering in the flesh, means controlling the flesh.  Refusing to allow your own flesh to speak certain things.  Refusing to allow your own flesh to do certain things.  This refusal to allow the flesh to do that which it desires is to "cease from sin".

God taught me this concept with the following experience.  It was the time of the Presidential elections in the United States.  I was visiting with neighbors and the subject came up of the elections.  I started to make a comment and then I caught myself and stopped.  If I made that comment it would put fuel on a fire and that would not lead to good things.  But I really wanted to make that comment.  I almost had to put my had over my mouth to keep from speaking.  I did not speak.  But my flesh really suffered because it wanted to speak.  This is what it means to "suffer in the flesh".

Works of the flesh ... 

Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance (debating, arguing), emulations (striving to be better than others), wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.  Gal. 5

The flesh wants to do the above things.  When we hold the flesh back and refuse to allow it to do these things, we "suffer in the flesh."
=======================================================================