Friday, May 4, 2012

Doctors can scare you to death

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Doctors can scare you to death.

I have an eye disease.  Glaucoma... My grandfather went blind with this disease so all my life my mother warned me to have tests.

About 4 years ago, I began treatments (2 eye drops a day).

I went for my 6 month check up this month.  The doctor is from India and I have a little difficulty understanding his speech, though he really doesn't say much.  (I think him to be a good doctor.)

When I went in a couple of weeks ago, he told me the pressure was good ... then he said, "The pressure is excellent ... "  (I was very happy) ... Then he added, "But what worries me is the loss of vision."
I was shocked!

I asked him what we were to do about it.  He replied we would just watch it, and said, "Glaumona is tricky."  (told me to return in 5 months)

I was terrified and began immediately crying out to God and continued crying out to God.  (Pray without ceasing to pray ...I Thess 5:17) 

I didn't hear anything that I know of from God.  I was reminded of a dream where there was smoke on the other side of the door where I was and it was trying to get into the room but I didn't open the door.  I also kept thinking of how I have never been afraid of vision loss. 

During the exam, I told the doctor I had been using the computer a lot.  (He shrugged it off like it didn't matter.)  I showed him the Kindle e-reader and asked if it was okay to use it.  He said, "Yes."  None of these things were affecting my vision yet I could tell I was having vision loss, especially when I drove car.

It is on my chart that I take Ambiem CR as needed ... I told nurse I take it every night now and I guess she changed it on chart but in case doctor didn't know this I wrote and asked him if the Ambiem was affecting the glaucoma.  I asked him to have his nurse call and tell me if I should stop taking it.  The doctor called me.  He seemed surprised that I was concerned about my vision.  He said the Ambiem would not affect the vision at all.  He asked me if I was getting new lenses in my glasses and I told him the new lenses should be in this week. 

Yesterday I got the lenses and was amazed at how much better I could see. But for several days between the exam and the arrival of the new lenses, I really had to fight destructive, fearful thoughts and hold fast to God.