Friday, April 4, 2014

Seeing their faith

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Mt. 9 ... And he entered into a ship, and passed over, and came into his own city. 2And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.

When we really have faith in God, it is something that can be "seen" ...

Saul saw David's faith in God.

I Sam. 17 ... And when the words were heard which David spake, they rehearsed them before Saul: and he sent for him.  32And David said to Saul, Let no man’s heart fail because of him; thy servant will go and fight with this Philistine. 33And Saul said to David, Thou art not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him: for thou art but a youth, and he a man of war from his youth. 34And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father’s sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock:  35And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him. 36Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God. 37David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the LORD be with thee.

When they were transporting Paul as a prisoner by ship and a storm arose and all were in danger of dying, Paul said the following to them:  Acts 27 ... I exhort you to be of good cheer: for there shall be no loss of any man’s life among you, but of the ship. 23For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve, 24Saying, Fear not, Paul; thou must be brought before Caesar: and, lo, God hath given thee all them that sail with thee. 
25Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me.


Faith in God can be seen by that which we believe because when we believe something our actions show what we believe.

And when we have faith, we believe even before we see it with our eyes.

So many church people have a "form" of faith but they don't really believe.

For example:  If a person comes saying, "I know God will heal me.  Pray for me", I see this person doesn't really believe for if he did believe he would not be asking others to pray because he would consider it done if he believed.  When we consider something already done, we don't continue to pray about it.  It is done.  It is alright to pray multiple times over the same subject, this is not weak faith.  But when you are sure you have the answer after praying, you would not continue to pray when you believed you had heard the answer from God.

I've found so many church people do not believe in their own prayers.  They go about trying to find "godly" people to pray for them.

When we 'believe" God hears us, Jesus says we know we have what we ask.  Of course we must pray according to the will of God in the matter.

Paul prayed 3 times for healing for himself.  When God said,  "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness."  II Cor. 12:9,  Paul stopped praying and accepted what God said.


Jesus prayed 3 times not to have to go to the cross.   He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done. 43And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy. 44And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words. 45Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. 46Rise, let us be going: behold, he is at hand that doth betray me. Mt. 16