Saturday, April 12, 2014

John 10:27 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

John 10:27 ... My sheep hear MY voice (says Jesus), and I know them, and they follow me:

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


There are many strange voices out there.  These "voices" often give us "good ideas" and various instructions.  But we must be certain that "voice" is really from God.

Recently I had a thought to apologize to a man that I had thought evil of.  But I knew that idea was not from God.  This man did evil and not good toward me.  I can forgive him and did forgive him but to apologize to him would not be acting correctly.  It was "another voice" bringing that instruction to my mind.

The devil is twisted.  Notice how twisted that idea was.  The man had done evil toward me and I am to apologize to that man who did the evil?

Jn. 10 ... God gives us "a sound mind".  

To do the above instruction would not be operating in a "sound mind" for this idea is not from God.

In John 10, Jesus tells us that "HIS sheep" hear HIS voice and follow HIM.  HIS sheep will not follow the voice of a stranger.  The stranger speaks to HIS sheep and tries to get HIS sheep to follow strange instructions, but the sheep don't know that stranger and the sheep don't know strange ways.

John 10 ... And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 5And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers. 

Surely we who are sheep can discern between strange, twisted ideas and truth.

Jn. 8:44 ... He (the devil) was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it