Saturday, April 19, 2014

Examples: Try the spirit

I Jn. 4 ... 1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist,

Examples from Joan Boney:

# 1. The concept came into my mind that I needed to make it clear to someone that I do not approve her.  I knew it was a spirit bringing that concept.  I said to that spirit:  "Do you confess Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?"  I heard, "No."

# 2.  I have a busy road beside my house.  There is 30 mile hour speed limit on that road and when vehicles observe that speed limit, there is much less sound coming into my house.  Two or three were speeding down road.  Thought came to me that I should call police and ask them to monitor the road occasionally from day to day.  I recognized that thought was from a spirit.  I said to that spirit:  "Do you confess Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?"  I heard, "No."

# 3.  I was reading Jn. 8 and came to the following passage:  Jesus speaking to the religious people ... Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.  A woman was brought to my mind.  She cannot abide in the truth.  Is this the reason?  I said to that spirit:  "Do you confess Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?"  I heard,  "Yes".

# 4.  I was thinking of making macaroni and cheese.  I realized the Velveeta cheese that I use for this is out of date.  And I also have another box of this cheese in my pantry and it is out of date.  "Maybe I could take the out of date cheese back to the store and manage to swap it for a current cheese."  I realized a spirit sent that idea.  I said to that spirit:  "Do you confess Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?"  I heard,  "No."

# 5.  I had prayed that morning asking God to help me choose foods to eat.  About 6 pm, the thought came into my mind of mexican food.  I failed to try that spirit.  Went to pick up the food.  When I got into car to bring food home I noticed the food didn't even have a good smell.  I got home and found some of it was too salty.  Some seemed too stale.  I threw most of it away.  The next day I was thinking about it and became aware that I did not try the spirit that sent the idea to my mind.

Example from Pam Padgett:

#1 The thought came that one of my neighbors may be able to help me in the future with one of my dogs and that I should try to coordinate that with her now.  I said to the spirit that brought this idea:  "Do you confess Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?"  and heard, "No"


Please read:  How to try the spirit to see whether it is from God

Mk. 16:17 ... And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils;