Friday, April 4, 2014

Galatians 6:4-5 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Galatians 6:4-5 ... 4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. 5 For every man shall bear his own burden.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


Pam Padgett has a gift of helps.  She loves to help people move.  She shovels snow from her neighbors driveway.  She picks up his newspaper and take it to him in bad weather.  She feeds her neighbor's dogs when the neighbor has to go out of town.

I do not have a gift of helps.  I have a gift of exhortation.  I love writing about scriptures and exhorting the church.

The important thing is to work in the gifts God has given us as the church.

Romans 12 ... as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: 5So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. 6Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; 7Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; 8Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness. 

Paul once told Timothy to stir up the gift that is in him.  In other words don't ignore that gift God has given you.

When I set down and look at the various scriptures people send to us and I begin to write that which comes to me from the Spirit I find I get stronger and stronger.  I write by faith.  I don't plan what I am going to say.  I just sit and read the scripture and then one "small" thought will come and I write it and then something else usually comes and I write until I have no more thoughts.  And also when I read Bible such happens to me and I am stirring up that gift of exhortation by reading Bible and by reporting that which I hear.