Friday, April 18, 2014

Looking forward to reading Bible chapters

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Each day, we list various Bible chapters at the end of each of these daily writings.

Every day, I look forward to reading each of these chapters.

Though I have read Bible many times and have read each of these chapters many times, I know I am dealing with "the living word" and no matter how many times I have read a chapter, God often shows me something else from that chapter and it helps me and others because I then share with the church that which God showed me.

I know I am blessed by God each time I read these very familiar words in these Bible chapters.

And each time I read, I look forward to the next day's listings!

I know God blesses this.

Remember what God told Timothy:  I Tim. 4 ... give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. 14Neglect not the gift that is in thee,

I find reading these chapters "stirs up the gift" that is in me.

Various "gifts" of the Holy Spirit given to the church to be used for the church ...

I Cor. 12 ... Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.  6And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 7But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom;  to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit;  to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles;  to another prophecy;  to another discerning of spirits;  to another divers kinds of tongues;  to another the interpretation of tongues: 11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as HE will.


Romans 12 ... For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: 5So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. 6Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; 7Or ministry (service), let us wait (attend to) on our ministering (serving): or he that teacheth, on teaching; 8Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity (liberality); he that ruleth (leads), with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.   (The italics are from the New American Standard Bible.)