Monday, April 28, 2014

Instance where Paul spoke to their shame

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In I Cor. 15, we have a report where Paul was dealing with people in the church who were saying there is no resurrection of the dead.

Paul rebukes these people for picking up false information and spreading false information.  In the following scripture Paul corrects them and tells them he speaks "to their shame" ... in other words, they should be ashamed of themselves for taking these false things in.

I Cor. 15 ... Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: 14And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

... But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming. 24Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all. 29Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead? 30And why stand we in jeopardy every hour? 31I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.  32If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.  33Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. 34Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

It is a shame for the church to be influenced this way by the world for we should know the world does not have the knowledge of God.  Therefore it is a shame to cast aside what we know and believe them and to repeat to others that spoken by them.

Paul is telling them they allowed evil communications to corrupt themselves.  This should not be, especially when we have Holy Spirit in us.

I am acquainted with a woman who is very religious and faithfully attends her church group, but I know she does not have the Spirit of God in her.  She is led by teaching of humans.  She loves sensational things.  I do not permit myself to take in her many stories for I know they are of the flesh of man.  Often when she speaks, God will remind me of a scripture to counter what she says.  Sometimes I will just pray, asking God to help me.  I know "evil communications" can corrupt good manners so I usually take spiritual action when she tells fleshly stories or spreads fear as she often does.  I know she is unable to control herself for she does not have the built in controls provided by the Spirit of God.