Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Examples: Try the spirits

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.


Yesterday Pam Padgett gave us an example of hearing from a spirit that is a "false prophet".

Pam said, "After being away from my house for a while, I noticed the light on my telephone answering machine indicating someone had left a message.  I needed to take care of some things before being able to hear the message.  During that time a thought came telling me that the message was something unpleasant.  But when I asked "Do you confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?" I heard "No"(the message was from a neighbor about going to the dog park, not at all unpleasant. I was spared unnecessary concern/fear)"

Thoughts come to us with all kinds of "predictions" for future ... "Such & such is going to happen to you ..."  "What if this happens?" ... When we try the spirit as John told us to do in I Jn. 4, we spare ourselves and we also expose devils who want to stay hidden.  This is just one avenue of spiritual warfare given us by God.