Sunday, April 6, 2014

Psalm 90:12 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 90:12 ... So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney


James said:  For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.  James 4:14

Recently I was speaking with a young man who sets up sound equipment and home theater.  Their company has devised a maintenance program whereby you can enter into a contract and pay by month or by the number of years in the contract. They required a 4 years contract.  I told him I didn't know how many years I would be on the earth so I wouldn't be able to do this.  I would just pay each time I needed the service.

I explained the Bible says we have 70 years and some have a little more ... and I'm already 76 ... I told him it is good to realize this.  He said his dad was always saying that.

I don't think much about tomorrow and I try to not plan for tomorrow for when you do that you often end up in needless worries.  It is better to depend on God and trust in HIM to show you what to do today.  If I should or should not spend the money for something? I know God can show me not to spend it.  If I need to change my food or way of action? God can lead me in this.  In all things it is better to trust in God than to make plans.

Recently I heard the following:  II Cor. 4:16 ...  though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.  

Lay up treasure in heaven by following HIM daily, serving HIM rather than by serving myself and my own reputation on this present earth.

My best friend when I lived in Dallas died in 2008.  I was looking up her name on Internet and found she had died.  It even showed a picture of her grave.  I thought, "What does she have now?"  I hope she stored up treasure in heaven for none of that which we store up in reputation matters for her now. 

There are rewards in heaven.  John wanted a full reward.  Paul spoke of rewards.  Paul said if our works are wrong, we might still be saved though we would suffer loss.

II Cor. 3 ... But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.  14If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

And Paul told us to run the race in a way that we would "obtain" ...

I Cor. 9 ... Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things.  Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.


II Jn. ... Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.  9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. 


I would think this would have to do with following the Spirit of God daily, hearing from God, and doing the will of God daily, second by second in the issues of this present life.  For after we die, we can store up no more reward.  Then we receive for that which we have done whether it be good or bad.

Now is the time.  It is all the time we have.  I do not like to let opportunity pass by.  But neither do I want to do my own works for unless God authors the work I know it will be meaningless.