Saturday, April 5, 2014

Focus on that which God has shown you

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Some church people set their hope on that which they want to see happen.  This is unsafe.  I try to discipline myself and set my self under God's control by focusing on that which God has shown me rather than allowing myself to think on what I would like to see happen.

This past week, a woman who attends a Catholic church called me.  We spoke for about 2 hrs. At one point I told her the story of Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego. (Daniel)  I told her the king built a golden image and commanded that all in his kingdom bow down to that image when they heard the musical instruments playing.  Sadrach, Meshach, and Abednego refused to worship this image.  So the king ordered a fire built in the furnace.  He made it 7 times hotter than usual.  Some of the king's men were even killed when they tried to put Shadrach, Meshac, Abednego into the furnace.  Though in the furnace, the clothing of Shadrach, Meshac, Abednego wasn't even singed by the fire.  When they removed them from the furnace they were unharmed because they trusted in the real God, the God who created heaven and earth and not in the image created by Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon.  Daniel 3

This woman listened in amazement.

I spoke to her of dreams ... I spoke of some of the things I've gone through in ministry ... I spoke of corruption in ministries ... I shared the poison gas dream where in churches people were being gassed to death by their own speakers ...

I spoke in detail of the following dream:  North Texas was playing Texas in football.  (Texas was much more powerful and would kill NT in the game.)  NT had the ball on their own 5 yard line and were about to snap the ball to a very talented running back.  He once played for powerful Texas but had changed sides and now played for the far weaker NT.  It was obvious Texas would destroy him as soon as he got the ball and tried to run with it.  At that point I heard the following words:  "Don't go until you see Exodus 15."    I cancelled all meetings for the entire year.  A woman who was with us at that time said, "But Joan, you have to go.  If you don't go they won't give money."  I replied:  "I'm not going."  And I didn't go.  That was in 1982.  I haven't gone out in person since that time.

I told this Catholic woman if I had disobeyed this instruction and had gone out as planned, I believe great harm and maybe even death would have occurred.

I spoke freely to this woman as the various subjects came up.  She wanted to hear and at the end of the phone call she told me how wonderful that call had been.

After it was over, I focused on that which God has shown me about this woman.  God has never shown me anything about this woman.  So I didn't get all excited and hope in that which I had not been shown by God.  I just went on with the life I've been given.

There is another woman from bridge where God has shown me things about her.  I've been given multiple dreams about this woman.  In one dream, she was having sex with another woman.  I interpreted this to mean she had chosen to follow this other woman in bridge and was going wrong way.  In another dream, she was coming down a hallway.  She was holding onto a railing and could hardly walk.  She was like a dwarf and very fat, distorted. She was getting worse, not better.  In the most recent dream of a few weeks ago, she had heard me speak and she turned her back toward me, threw up her hand in disgust over what I said, and walked away.  Continuing in a worse way, maybe even cutting me off entirely.  When I think of her I don't let myself get carried away with false hope from my own desire.  I focus on that which God has shown me about her.

There is another woman where God has shown me in dream that she shut off 1/2 of her lights and wouldn't turn them back on and I couldn't turn them on for her.

So when these women come to mind, I make myself focus on that which God has shown me about them rather than conjuring false hope from my own personal desires.  God is showing me truth.

God does not want us to deceive ourselves about people.  And if God hasn't shown you anything, resist the temptation of focusing on fleshly things which might be "positive" for you can deceive yourself needlessly.  Rest in God.  What HE wants to happen will happen.  This we can know for sure.  And in meantime, I don't try to draw any one to God.  Only God can draw a person to Himself, said Jesus.  Jn. 6:44 ... No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him:

When I am around people, I just speak as I feel led by the Holy Spirit, knowing their salvation does not rest in me nor in that which I say.  God does as HE wills with each of us.  So I don't have to be afraid I will leave something out.  I just speak that which Holy Spirit calls to my mind just as I do with you when I write.