Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Keep yourself unspotted from the world

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

James 1:27 ... Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. 


Doctrines come from the world which are exactly opposite from the way of God and often the presentation of these worldly ideas are so charming we are temporarily caught in a trap.

Recently I was watching an old 1940's movie, "The Philadelphia Story".  I certainly found it "charming".

The next day, I remembered part of the plot and was shocked when I realized that which had seemed charming to me was exactly opposite from the way of God.  Of course I turned to God immediately and was set right by God by His spirit.

(The charming story was Katherine Hepburn was against evil being done by her father.  Everyone in the movie accused Hepburn of being unable to accept human frailties, which were actually sin.  When Hepburn began to accept these things others were calling "frailties", which were sin, they approved her and loved her.  The way it was portrayed in movie was "charming" and seemed right until God corrected my thinking the next day.  Sin is evil but is often presented in a subtil, charming way because that is what the devil is ... charming, often beautiful in appearance.)

This is an example of keeping ourselves unspotted from the world.

The world wants everyone to be approved and accepted without repentance and without returning to God.

The world preaches "live and let live" ... accepting all manner of unrepentant sins.... accepting those living in various sins.

But this is not the way of God nor is it the way of the church of God.  The way for us is "holiness" in the sight of God.

And as we correct our way and align ourselves with God, we go in HIS way which is opposite from the way of this world.

I Jn. 5 ... And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. 


Rev. 21 ... And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. 6And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.  8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.



So pure religion for us in the sight of God is keeping ourselves unspotted from the ideas brought forth from the world so we can go in the way of God which is opposite from this world.