Sunday, April 6, 2014

Jesus, the bread, the blood, THE WORD

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jn. 6, Jesus says ... No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. 45It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of (by) God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of (from) the Father, cometh unto me.

Mt. 16 ... When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? 14And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist:  some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. 15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. 17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

No man revealed Jesus to Peter.  God revealed to Peter that Jesus is the Son of God.

No man reveals Jesus to us.  It must come from God the Father as it did with Peter.

This word revealed by God directly to each individual is that upon which the church is built and the gates of hell will not stand against the revealed word from God HIMSELF.  And that ROCK upon which the church is built and upon which we stand is that WORD revealed to us by God on the specific issue at hand.

Jn. 6 ... Jesus says ... v. 48 ... I am that bread of life.

vs. 50-51 ...  This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 58This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.


We eat the flesh of Jesus and drink the blood of Jesus when we read the Word, which is Jesus, and when the Holy Spirit speaks a word to us and we do as the word instructs.

Crackers and grape juice are fleshly interpretations set up by fleshly men but eating and drinking Jesus can only happen by eating and drinking THE WORD OF GOD and by living by that Word making the Word a part of our lives by abiding therein doing that Word.

Jn. 6 ... As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me (Jesus, THE WORD), even he shall live by me. 58This (THE WORD)  is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

... v. 63 ... It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. 

Please read:  What is The Lord's Supper?