Monday, April 21, 2014

Psalm 65:4 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 65:4 ... Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


I rejoice that I am one of those chosen by God, that God chose to reveal HIMSELF to me, not because of anything I did but simply because it was God's will.

As I have followed God, HE has put me in the place HE chose for me.  Step by step, God put me where HE wanted me to be.  For 30+ years this has happened daily.

Now, at 76 years old, I can report I have never been as happy as I am now!   I suspect not many people my age feel this way.  They look back with longing to previous years.  But I do not.  I love this period of time in my life.  And like Job, I feel the later years are much better than the former years.

Job 42:12 ... So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning:

And of late, the thing I think of so often is the fact that Jesus is risen from the dead ... and as God caused Jesus to rise, so will God cause me to rise because I belong to HIM.

I no longer have to serve my own flesh in an attempt to gain happiness!  Happiness came to me as I served God and kept my flesh crucified with Christ, putting the flesh to death by HIS cross.  It doesn't seem you would gain happiness this way, but this is the way it came to me.

When I was younger, I sought my own will, for the most part.  I was continually frustrated as I did this.  When I put away myself and my will and accepted HIS will for me, everything began to come into proper order for me until finally everything was better than it had ever been and I am able to live at 76 years of age in a type of peace and joy I've never known before.

A few days ago, I had a very brief insight into how important it is for us to put the past away.

Paul said:  Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded:  Phil. 3


Instead of daydreaming backward into the past, we need to discipline our minds and think of such things as Jesus being raised by God from the dead and Jesus now seated at the right hand of God to intercede for us who still live.  We think on the things we are told in the Bible so we can go forward in things of God.  We deal strongly with today.