Thursday, April 17, 2014

God answers prayer

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

For several months, my CD player has been skipping tracks when I have tried to play music.  Finally I decided it had to be sent to service center for repair.  The manufacturer center is in Austin, TX.  So at least it didn't have to leave the state.  But I had to get it packed, shipped, and had to be without it for at least a week.  This is no small matter to me.

Sometimes when I try to read Bible, I will find my mind skipping about.  Recently I began listening to classical music as I read.  This seems to steady my mind a little.  My flesh is less in a hurry.

It is similar to the way David would play on his harp and Saul would be helped.  (I Sam. 16)

When I thought of what I would have to go through in packing the machine and getting it to UPS Store where I usually take packages, I was troubled.  So I prayed.  After prayer, I had idea to take the package to Fed Ex where the store is larger and they have several workers and they could come out to my car and carry the package in for me.  (Our small UPS store only has one woman and she might not be able to do this.)  Further, I was shown that I could wait until I got to the store and they could help me pack the unit instead of packing it at home.  So this is the way I handled the situation.  

Then I prayed that the CD player would arrive safely in Austin.  The day after I shipped the item, I received notice that it had been delivered at the repair store.  I thanked God that it arrived safely.

And then I prayed that the people who work on the unit would find everything that is wrong and fix it properly.

There is such comfort when we remember to pray over our concerns.  And we have so many scriptures in the Bible telling us to pray over everything that concerns us and to rest in HIS peace knowing that HE, God, cares for us!

So we can pray and can have faith when we pray.

I have another CD player and I hooked it unto the system to use until my unit is returned.  It played very well the first day.  Then it refused to play.  Finally I found one CD, La Traviata, which it would play.  (Beautiful music but I wasn't sure I wanted to listen to that one CD for the next week or two.)   So I prayed over this.  The next day, when I put another CD into the machine, there was no problem.  It played.  I rejoiced and thanked God. 

A few days after this, when I was still using the substitute CD player, I turned it on and nothing at all happened.  I could see it was playing a CD but no sound was coming out of the unit.  I tried everything I knew to do and still no sound.  Then I prayed!  "God ... please help me ... I don't know what is wrong."

Immediately I remembered a volume control that is on the front of this CD player.  To make it play it has to be set on full/high.  It had defaulted and was at lower end of the volume.  I moved it to the upper volume and it played immediately.