Tuesday, August 20, 2013

In last days, they will be "fierce"

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The apostle Paul spoke of the perils we would face in the last days ... These perils are in the church itself.  Paul said they would have a form of godliness ... they would look godly.  Paul spoke of what they will be like.

II Tim. 3 ... This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,  4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

One of the things they will be is "fierce" ... this is church types being fierce against us, especially when we carry truth to them ...

Fierce means: like wild animals ... snarling ... teeth showing ... attempting to get at us to hurt us ...

I encounter this often with church people when I bring godly correction ...

Examples:

My cousin, who has attended Church of Christ denomination all her life and is in her early 90's now ... She called me and as usual spoke all type of complaints showing she had not taken her various problems to God in prayer ... She has always been a very negative person.  But even a person negative will not remain negative when he takes the issue to God in prayer and settles that issue with God.  She doesn't have much time left on this earth to overcome.

She wanted me to come visit her.  She lives about 200 miles away.  I told her I couldn't make that trip in my 20-year-old car.  But I offered to rent a car and come see her if she wanted to talk about spiritual things.  It wouldn't be profitable to just talk about fleshly things, I told her.

She responded in fury!  (fierce)  ... I was amazed at how angry she was in her letter ... She said:  "It is evident you care nothing at all about your relatives ... I remember when you were a little girl with curly hair ..."  I did not continue reading her letter.  I did respond as follows:  "I'm sorry you misunderstood.  I just wanted you to be able to overcome on this earth by going to God in prayer."  (I sent her some writings on overcoming through prayer)  I heard no more from her.

But there was a fierceness ... wanting to strike at me and hurt me and condemn me.

Another example:  A young man came to my house concerning a secular matter but he quickly began to quote scripture.  He knew a lot of scripture.  I was very excited to find someone who knew scripture.  But then he began to misquote scripture, adding fleshly things to the scripture.  I looked this up in Bible and showed him what he was doing.  Over and over, he kept saying things concerning scripture, grieving me over his misuse and mishandling of the word of God.  I saw this young man was a false teacher.  A person who uses scripture falsely is a false teacher.  This is what a false teacher does.

He wanted me to work with him ... even correcting what he wrote.  I told him I would not do this.  He was then furious.  Prior to my saying this, he said he was so happy to meet a "godly woman", meaning me.  Then when I refused to do what he wanted he attacked me in a very ferocious way.  He said:  "You've forgotten the cross."  He did this to hurt me, to show me to be in the wrong ... it was a fierce attack against me.

I turned to God ... and was reminded that I die daily as I speak those messages that I know evil doers in the church groups will despise.  I know they will attack me as they attacked Jesus and Paul and as they attack anyone who speaks real truth from God... They are fierce against us, deliberately trying to hurt us.  I was reminded of how I am crucified with Christ (the Word).  I was reminded of the way I made myself of no reputation as Paul told us to do (Phil. 2) and how hard I worked at making myself of no reputation on this earth.  For more than seven months I focused on this.  And I stopped everything that would be an earthly achievement to me personally.  I was reminded of how I have given up "all" to do the word of God.  This is the cross!  This young man is a fool to strike out at me this way.  But this is what they do in the last days.  And it is all inside the church with those who call themselves Christians.  They will be fierce in the last days, says Paul ... and they are fierce.