Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Hosea 14:9 ... 9 Who is wise, and he shall understand these things? prudent, and he shall know them? for the ways of the Lord are right, and the just shall walk in them: but the transgressors shall fall therein.

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


I meet so many people who say "Jesus is Lord" and they say they are of God and they have a form of being a Christian, but they prove themselves not to have the Spirit of God and they have no understanding of the things of God, though they have a form of godliness.

Paul said this would happen in the last days.  Paul said the times would be filled with peril because of them.

II Tim. 3 ... This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,  4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.


When I see that person who has "a form of godliness" but comes failing to understand when I speak to him and being always a little off, I know this person is not of God though he says he is of God.  I just turn away from him and have no more to do with him as Paul said to act.

Through many years of hard experience I have learned this.  I cannot make a person understand.  If he understands he is of God for God gives understanding.  If he does not understand when I speak things of God and he is full of questions and tried to ask me to explain, then this is a man who is not turning to God for his faith is not in God but is in man.  There is nothing I can do in such a case.  So I just turn away from him.

Paul speaking to Timothy said:  II Tim. 2:7 ... Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.  

Recently a young man read something I wrote and then he said to me: " I want to ask you a couple of questions."

I tried to stop him.  I replied:  "NO ... ask God if you do not understand.  Understanding is from God."

Even after that he tried on another occasion to ask me questions about scripture and what I had written.

Paul makes it clear ... He said to Timothy, "Consider what I say" ... Think about what I say.  Pray about it.  But know that it is the Lord who gives you understanding about what I say.

I try to report that which the Holy Spirit speaks to me.  But only God can give you understanding of what I write.


Jesus experienced this when they couldn't understand what He said to them.  And Jesus replied:  Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.  45And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Jn. 8