Saturday, August 31, 2013

Taking thoughts captive

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When a person strikes out against you, it is like an arrow piercing your heart.  It grieves you and hurts you.  Often what that person said is wrong and unjust against you.

What we must learn to do is to turn to God in prayer and review the matter before God, taking the troubling words spoken against you to God and learning what God would say ...

Paul spoke of such in II Cor. 10 ...For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)  5Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;


Here is an example of taking destructive thoughts captive:

Recently a man brought some false teachings to me.  He had added things to the Bible that were not there.  I took the scriptures and showed him what he was saying was not in the passage of the Bible which he quoted.  He thanked me and said what we should do is what I did ... check out the things spoken with the Bible.

Then he wanted me to read his writings and judge them. (This would pull me down and keeping me from doing the assignment given me by God which is to exhort the church in truth.)

I told him I was not going to read his writings. He is a false teacher.

He began angry and struck out at me.

He said, "Since you've judged me I have a right to judge you ... ?right?"

I did not respond to him but I did turn to God and asked God about this man's statement.  Here is what God said to me by His Spirit.

I Cor. 2:15 ... But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

Spiritual means:  One who is of the Spirit.

That person who hears by the Spirit of God judges matters.

Jesus said:  Jn. 5:29 ... I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

We turn to God with the matter and as we hear from God concerning the matter, we judge.

This man spoke false things, adding false doctrines to the Bible.  When I showed him what the Bible said he saw his doctrine was not in line with the Bible.

I dealt with this man by the Spirit of God.  This man turned on me with his own flesh and thought he could judge me.  He will not have success in this according to I Cor. 2:15 for this this man is not spiritual but fleshly in his Bible dealings.

Please read:  Booklet #2 ... Dealing with destructive thoughts