Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Cared for by God


Joseph Meriweather ... member of body of Christ

I would like to share with the church God's help toward me.  About 13 years ago I bought a mattress set from a well known furniture store.  I had this mattress just over a year.  The top mattress threads started coming loose.  So at that time I called the store and talked to this man in the service department about what happened to this mattress.  He said the warranty was over on the mattress threads, and a stain also made it void.  After talking with him, I never bought a new mattress for the next 12 years. 

About two months ago me and my wife went shopping for the master bedroom, a new top mattress at a different furniture store.  We found we like queen size.  After purchasing this mattress, I started talking to the salesman about this damaged mattress I wanted to replace.  He asked me what kind of mattress it was and where I purchased it.  I told him the name of the mattress and where I bought it.  He told me that type of mattress has a 15 year warranty on it. 

So I went back to the store asking GOD to help me, and I wasn't going to fuss about it if they turned me down.  The woman at the counter asked me for my name and address.  She told me the mattress still has two more years of warranty on it.  She told me they would send a serviceman out to my house.  She also mentioned that stains on the mattress would void the warranty.  So me and my wife started home.  I went to look at the mattress for stains.  It was a small stain on it.  I tried to clean it off, but it would not work.  The next day the service department called me to tell me that the serviceman would like to come out in two days.  I told the woman about the stain that was on the mattress and said it wouldn't help because of the stain.  This woman kept pressing me about letting the serviceman come out to my house.  I said "ok then".  When the serviceman arrived, he looked over the mattress and told me to come in the room and showed me the stain.  He said he would have to report this.  I said I understand.  The serviceman told me they will contact me later. 

The service department called me and said that they will cover the mattress for the same price.  Also, they will give me a lower box spring to go along with it if I just come in the store and pick out the two new mattresses.  I kept saying "thank you JESUS" over and over. 

This scripture came to mind while typing this message from GOD ...

Psalm 84:11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

Truly we have a great GOD that cares for us.