Thursday, August 22, 2013

Deception

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Last night I was talking with Pam Padgett and something was revealed to me that I want to share with you.

A couple of weeks ago, I was speaking with Kurt from a business in Lubbock called Sound Wave.  As I spoke I saw I didn't want to reveal the truth to Kurt concerning the sound processor I had bought.  Two or three times during the conversation I found myself trying to say things which would present an incorrect picture.  I didn't know why this was happening.

Last night God opened my eyes to see what happened.

My sound processor was going out.  I knew I had to make another selection.  Without the sound processor there is no picture at all on my TV screen which is a monitor.

In trying to make a decision as to what to buy, I arranged to try out a processor from Sound Wave.  They would bring the processor to my home to audition and I would pay the hourly wage for the installer.

One hour before the processor was delivered my sound guy who lives 450 miles away sent me an email saying I could get a Krell for 3K more (with trade in of 502 processor) than the machine I was about to try out and the Krell is a significantly higher level machine.  I knew that was true.  I told him I wanted to do that.

What I should done then is to call Sound Wave and cancel the audition and tell them I had decided to buy another product.

But I did not cancel.  Though I was no longer interested in their product I let them bring it to my house. (deception:  pretending I was a serious buyer when I was not going to buy the product)  I reasoned wrongly that what I was doing would not hurt Sound Wave because I was paying them by the hour for the time they were at my house.  The problem was, I entered into deception by pretending I was considering buying their product when I had already written out a check and mailed that check to David for the Krell.  It was after this that I found myself trying to withhold truth from Kurt at Sound Wave.

Now I see what I did wrong!  Praise God that HE allows us to see our sins so we can be saved from our sins.

Deceiving and being deceived ...

===========================

Letter mailed to Kurt & Patrick at Sound Wave

8-21-13

Kurt & Patrick:

About an hour before Patrick arrived at my house to set up the Classe, I received an email from David (sound guy in Tyler).  David offered me $14,000 (which is the full price I paid for Levinson 502 processor)  which I had purchased and found unsatisfactory in video processing.  David said for about 3K more and the 502 trade in, I could buy a Krell 707 processor from him. 

I knew of the Krell but had never considered it because of the cost.

I wanted to do this.

I should have called and cancelled the Classe audition but I reasoned wrongly that I was paying for the time Patrick would be at my house and it wouldn’t hurt you financially.

However by entering into deception this way, it hurt me. By the time Patrick arrived at my house with the Classe for me to try, I had already committed to David to buy that Krell 707 and trade in the 502 which I had planned to sell.

I didn’t see what I had done until tonight.

I just wanted to tell you I’m sorry. 

I have bought the Krell 707.

I appreciate all you have done for me through the years.

Joan Boney
_____________

(Comments by Joan Boney:  All sound equipment was paid for from personal money inherited from parents.)