Friday, August 2, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 27:14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


When we are chosen by God we belong to God and we have His Spirit.  God strengthens us continually by HIS Word.

There are times I do not seem to have any instruction from God after prayer ... I have learned in such times to wait ... Just to sit and wait until God reveals something to me and then to act appropriately upon that which God has shown me.

The courage comes from an understanding that I belong to God and that HE chose me.  I can think upon the experiences in the past where God pulled me out of the fire and set me upon a very firm rock so that I would not be destroyed by my own flesh nor from the flesh of other humans and their will. I think about the many examples in the Bible of God leading His people and helping them, especially what HE did in the book of Exodus in delivering the children of Israel out of Egypt and through the wilderness.

I belong to God.  That is the courage.  I didn't choose God.  God chose me! ... not because I was good nor because I was worthy.  At the time God chose me I was prideful, arrogant, filled with my own devices.  God chose  me because it was HIS will.  And HE changed me and continues to change me into HIS image as HE reveals to me HIS image through HIS Word and as I make changes in my life according to His word.

The fact HE chose me gives me courage for I know HE is able to deal with me and to keep me until the end.

Romans 9... For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 7Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. 8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed. 9For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son. 10And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac; 11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) 12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.   13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14What shall we say then?  Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. 15For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. 17For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. 18Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.