Thursday, August 1, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Romans 1:16-17 ... For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


"Gospel" means:  God's story

What has God said about the issue at hand.  For that is the power of God unto salvation to every one who believes what God says.


When we belong to God, we are given the Spirit of God so we might know what God thinks about the issues of this present life.

Even in strange, secular things God reveals truth to those of us who belong to him.


Recently, I was going out to get my food.   I turned onto the street beside my house and saw a car behind me, rather close to me.  I pulled my car over to curb so car could pass me because my car is 20 years old and when I first start out it won't pick up the speed it needs to have.  After it runs a couple of blocks it is fine.

So I was behind this car that had gone past me.  The car stopped at intersection and a woman got out and came back to my car.  She told me she lives in the next block over from me and she would be happy to drive me where I was going because I had pulled out in front of her. (Indicating I am not competent to drive.)  She asked if I am diabetic.  I told her I didn't think so.  She began talking to me in terms one might use with a feeble minded person.  She was very kind.  I thanked her and we both went on our way.

But I was very disturbed over what it seemed I had done in driving.

When I returned home, I was calling out to God ... What should I do ... What is wrong ... Should I order Meals on Wheels to get food brought to my house daily so I wouldn't drive my car?  What should I do.

Then I was reminded of my old car and how it just won't run a normal speed when I start out with it.  And I knew I didn't have a problem.  My car has a problem.

I laughed.  This woman had almost convinced me that I am feeble minded.  I even went back and read what I had written that day on blog and when I read it I thought, "This is not the writing of a feeble minded person."  Then God sorted through it by reminded me of the car and I knew the truth.

God showed me this.  I knew what I had received was from God.  Even on this secular issue God revealed truth.  Because I have the Spirit of truth (the Holy Spirit) in me.

(For several weeks after this, before taking the car out of the garage, I  would let it run for about 5 minutes.  Now it has been repaired and runs fine.)