Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Romans 12:1-2 ... I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


I Thess. 5:21 ... Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 

Acts 17 ... And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 12Therefore many of them believed; 

They searched the scripture to see if that which the apostle Paul said was true!

Another thing, if you belong to God, pray for God to show you the truth when someone shares doctrine with you.

Recently a man shared a doctrine with me.  I had a serious question about the doctrine.  I turned to God in prayer and God gave me the truth about the doctrine.  This man was speaking something false.

Several years ago, I visited a church group and the pastor was teaching.  He taught that Sarah and Hagar were 1/2 sisters.  I was shocked, never having see that before.  I checked the Bible carefully after I returned home.  It just wasn't there.  I called this pastor and talked with him and finally he admitted it was not in the Bible but he didn't repent and he didn't grieve over what he had done.

I have yet to see one of these false teachers show any grief at all over mishandling the word of God.  They add to the word of God and show no grief when it is brought to light.  I would be devastated with grief if I mishandled the Word of God, but they are not.  They know scripture sometimes but as they mishandle scripture and add to scripture they show they do not respect scripture.

Flee from such.  

Please read:  False prophets & false teachers
                      Evil from pastors