Thursday, August 29, 2013

Testimony

David Baskin ... member of body of Christ

(Comments by Joan Boney ... David is my "sound guy" working with me in putting together my audio/video equipment.  I met David 3 years ago.  He was diagnosed with ALS, one of the worse diseases known to man.  He has become paralyzed with exception of 2 fingers.  He still runs his business.)

David's testimony ...

All I can say is I was saved in 1987 at the front door of my apartment. I closed the door and continued my life not really thinking much about it. I have always felt that I was in control of everything about my life and body. I was always very good at any sports I participated in because I would pour every ounce of effort into that sport.  

When I got sick I said there is no way that this was going to get me. I said I would never be in a wheelchair. Well after numerous falls and trips to the hospital I went to a cane to then a walker. I knew the next step was a chair. So one day I prayed to God asking for his help and that my life was turned over to Him. Every since then I have been able to deal with every aspect of this disease and change in my life. I know that He is there for me and my family. I get up every day looking forward to another day on this earth. Looking back to all of the sports I did I think it was God teaching me to never give up and persevere through the challenges in my life. I think He was preparing me for what I am going through today.

I have had many very scary procedures from the ventilator to the scope in my lungs and the feeding tube that was put in my stomach. Every time I got scared I did what you told me to do. Pray to God. "God help me" over and over. Guess what? I was just fine with it all.

As for my business I am approaching the end of the installation side of it. It is just too difficult with me being in my situation. God has placed several people in my life recently to help with just selling equipment only.