Sunday, August 25, 2013

When things break down

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I've lived in this current house for 10 years.  Things break down.  Recently there was a problem flushing the commode in master bath.  It would flush but you had to hold the handle down for a considerable time to get it to work.  Obviously this was going to have to be fixed.  At the same time one of the ceiling fans quit working.  It could not be repaired and I had to buy a new ceiling fan.  Then I had to make arrangements to get the fan installed.  Two other things stopped working in the house at same time and I made arrangements to have them repaired.   I save money each month for repairs so I had money to pay the workers.  The problem was getting the workers to come to the house to do the job.  They would tell me they would be there and not show up.  One even said, "I will be there today but if something happens where I can't make it, I'll call you."  He didn't come to house and he didn't call.  I was not surprised for I've had a lot of experience with this subject.

I was reminded of the "rod of the wicked" (wicked is defined as one who causes you trouble or is likely to cause you trouble) and how this is a "rod of trouble" when a man says he will do something and does not do it.  And it can cause us to sin as we encounter their way of life which is "unjust" toward us.  When you promise something and fail to do such and fail to notify the person involved, that is "unjust" and one of the definitions of iniquity is unjust.

Psa. 125:3 ... For the rod of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot of the righteous; lest the righteous put forth their hands unto iniquity. 

When such happens to us, we need to try to remember to commit it all to God in prayer.  Their iniquity could cause us to sin unless we keep our flesh under control.  Also their unjust dealing could cause us to be hardened unless we turn to God.

Nevertheless we must keep our eyes open, being wise as serpents and harmless as doves ... when we deal with people of this world.  When we know they are likely to act this way, we do not want to deceive ourselves.

My contractor frequently tells me he will be over next week to take care of something and never shows up.  This is his pattern.  I do not expect him to show up.  I do not become angry or even grieved for this is just what happens.  If the problem is critical I will deal with it another way.  Many problems are important but not critical.  I have a place where my roof leaks.  But we don't have much rain in my area.  If I lived in Seattle I would consider this critical.  My contractor sent a man over and the man looked at it about 2 months ago and never came back.  I had occasion to speak with my contractor yesterday.  He mentioned that leak.  He said they would be over next week.  I doubt it.

This is just the way the world deals.  We can't control them.  We have to control us by turning to God in prayer.

People often lie to me.  They prove themselves to lie because they do not do what they say they will do.  They lead me to believe something will happen when it was never even planned.  This is way of people of this world.