Saturday, August 17, 2013

Helped by God

Joseph Meriweather ... member of body of Christ

Proverbs 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Recently I had to take my car in for repairs.  I took it to the car dealer and the service manager had my car checked out.  When he had someone look over my car, he said there were some parts on the car that were worn out and have to be replaced.  He said the cost would be $1,040.  I said, "why so much?"  He told me because my warranty does not cover the cost of the parts.  Also, I could only get one day of a rental car.  So I told the man, "well ok". 

After leaving the car dealer, I started talking to GOD about this matter, and I believe JESUS was pressing me to check the warranty myself, so I did.  I called and told them what the service manager said about the parts not being covered.  The woman that I talked to told me that those parts are covered under the warranty of my car, and also a rental for five days.  I told her "thank you very much".

I praise my LORD for pressing me to call and check.  I felt so good that I did not feel angry against this service manager.  I called him up and told him what the woman said, and even told him the woman's name so he could call her.  He still said he had checked on it earlier.  I said no more. 

On the day when he said the car would be ready, I waited for him to call me but he never did.  Service closes on Wednesday at 6:00pm.  I called at 5:00pm to talk with him, and he said he tried to get in touch with me.  He never did.  I went to take the rental car back and the woman said I would be responsible to pay for that day because it was after 11:00 am.  So I went back to the dealer to pick up my car and talked with the service manager.  He said he was sorry about the mix up.  He said they would pay for that extra day of the rental car.  Then he said I spelled the beginning of my last name with one "r" when its supposed to be two "r"s.  I corrected him and told him with one "r".  Even at the end of this conversation he still tried to justify himself. 

GLORY TO GOD.  HE kept me from being simple.  The cost of car repair was 785 dollars.