Thursday, August 22, 2013

Care in what you speak

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Yesterday I went to eat and then to grocery.  When I returned to house, my cleaning woman was working in kitchen and I almost told her how much more expensive things are now ... but I remembered a scripture exhorting us to speak things that bring glory to God.  Had I said what I almost said, it would not have brought glory to God ... it would have caused fear.  We do not want to cause a person to fear unnecessarily.

Eph. 4:29 ... Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

God defined "grace" to me as "a feeling of gratitude to God".

Later my cleaning woman was speaking of someone she knew she should not work for but she said it was "easy money."  She kept working for this woman and some items were stolen from this woman's house and she was one of two people who had the combination to the security system so she was a suspect.  She said before this happened she knew if she kept working for this woman she would be in danger if anything went missing but she said it was "easy money" ... Twice she spoke of easy money.

I knew it was very good that I did not speak of how much groceries have increased in price for that would cause her fleshly trouble.

James 1:26 ... If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man’s religion is vain.  

We need to be very careful in those things we say to others.  We do not want to trouble anyone unnecessarily.  Often we have to bridle our tongue. 

Jesus said ... Mt. 12 ... But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.  

In the day of judgment, each of us will answer for what we say on this present earth ... whether it be good or bad.