Friday, December 5, 2014

We must be careful "how we hear", "how we read scripture" and things of God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

A few days ago, John 8 was published on the blog.

As I read this chapter, I listed some of the things I wanted to focus on for myself. I considered these things and how each pertains to my life.

I will share these as an example of taking care "how we hear", taking care in reading the Bible. (We must read with focus otherwise we eat and drink the word of God to our own destruction and many do.)

John 8

- HE taught them
- I (The Word) am the light of the world  (thought of the most recent word given me by the Holy Spirit)
- he that followeth ME (the Word) shall not walk in darkness
- I know whence I came  (I know WHOM I have believed ... thought of God communicating with me)
- I bear witness of me and the Father that sent me beareth witness of Me.  (God and I bear witness of me also in that I don't do the things of this world as others do or as I once did.)
- ye are from beneath.  I am from above  (I am dead and my life is hid in Christ ... when I speak now I speak what I hear from Holy Spirit, not of myself.)
- HE that sent me is true
- I speak to the world those things which I have heard of (from) HIM
- I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
- If the Son (the word) shall make you free, you shall be free indeed (thought of some of the things the Holy Spirit has spoken to me to free me)
- Ye seek to kill me because MY word hath no place in you
- I speak that which I have seen with MY Father
- Ye seek to kill me ... who hath told you the truth which I have heard of (from) God
- If God were your Father, ye would love ME for I proceedeth forth and came from God: neither came I of myself but HE sent Me ... (That is exactly the same as it is with us who are born again)
- He that is of God heareth God's words; ye therefore hear them not because ye are not of God

Jn. 9    

- I was blind, now I see
- If any be a worshipper of God, and doeth HIS will, him HE heareth

==============

James warns us about reading the Bible without carefully applying (considering from personal standpoint) that which we have read.

James 1 ... 22But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. 

Paul also warns us ...Reading Bible is partaking of the Lord's supper ... When we read Bible we must be very carefully how we "eat" and how we "drink" for we are eating and drinking the flesh and blood of Jesus when we read the Bible.  We cannot afford to do this carelessly.  Thus the following warning from the apostle Paul on the subject of reading the Bible.

I Cor. 11 ... This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 26For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come.  27Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.  30For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep (die).