Monday, December 15, 2014

God gives us victory through Jesus Christ (The Word)

I Cor. 15:58 ... But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


Every time I have a problem and turn to God and seek HIS will in dealing with the problem, HE shows me what to do.  I rejoice in the fact that God never fails to communicate what HE wants and how I am to handle the matter.  And when that is the case I can go forward in full assurance and in faith because I have heard what God wants which is all that matters in the issue at hand.

It is so wonderful to know that God always gives us the victory through the Word, Jesus.

We don't stumble about on this earth as the world does because we have the Spirit of God and belong to God and can hear what God wants us to do.  And when we really hear what God wants us to do in each case, we have the victory!

We can greatly rejoice in this.

How does God communicate with us, you may ask?  How can God reach me to let me know what to do?

We have to understand that the Holy Spirit dwells in the believer to show us the will of God.  I Cor. 2 ... for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.


One thing the Holy Spirit does is to remind us of scripture, of dreams, of events.

When we are praying about what to do, often we will be reminded of a scripture and when we stop and read that scripture in context we see what God is trying to show us.

I was praying this week about what I should do where a very difficult woman in my neighborhood is concerned.  She became very annoyed with me and I was considering writing her a note to explain what happened and to apologize to her and to assure her that I had no intention of troubling her.  (I had firewood delivered and the truck driver pulled into her driveway thinking it was my house and she was very angry over this ... it was simply a mistake ... I was sorry it had happened ... but all I had done was order firewood.)

Should I write a note and tell her how sorry I was? I was asking God.

After praying, the following scripture was brought to my attention:  "If the blind lead the blind, they both fall into the ditch."

I looked that scripture up and read it ... It says ... Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up. 14Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.  Mt. 15

The words "let them alone" stood out to me and I believed God was showing me exactly what to do concerning this woman.  Don't write a note to her.  Let her alone.

I had full assurance this is what God wanted me to do concerning this woman and I had complete peace about the matter after I heard this from the Spirit of God.

One thing the Spirit of God does is to remind us of everything God has said ... in scripture, in dreams, in examples, even in other words spoken by people when they are of God.  (Jn. 14:26)

When this happens, we can know the will of God in the matter at hand.  We can be assured in what we are doing and we know what to do.  It is wonderful.

I wouldn't want to be on this earth without having the Holy Spirit.

Jn. 14:26 ... But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jn. 16:13 ... 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.