Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Shown by God how to resolve a problem

Pam Padgett - teacher

My dog had been causing disruption and distractions when I was trying to read or talk on the phone.  Several weeks ago I realized this had become a big problem for me but I didn't know what to do about it.

Then I turned to God with this problem and was reminded of a dog crate I had stored in the basement.  Immediately I got the crate and set it up.  When the dog was causing disruptions, I could put a treat in the crate and she would willingly go there and rest.  It was such a simple solution to what had been a problem for me. 

Recently I got another dog.  Usually it is enjoyable to watch the dogs play and chase each other.  But a few days ago I was trying to read the Bible and could not focus because of the dogs playing.  Again, I was reminded of the dog crates.  After putting the dogs in their crates, they immediately calmed down and rested while I was able to read peacefully.

Often when I see the dogs calm and resting in the crates, I think of how God showed me what to do in this and am very thankful to Him.  I had no idea what to do (or that it was even possible for the dogs to be calm and quiet like this), but God was able to lead me in what works.