Monday, December 29, 2014

God dwells in us by His Spirit

Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hand;

Comments by Pam Padgett

God dwells in those who have been born again by His Spirit .... 

2 Corinthians 6:16 ... for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

When I was first born again, I didn't understand what had happened, not knowing about being born again.  But I was very aware that God had changed me and that it was as though God was always with me and even in me. 

Then one day I read the following scripture and my eyes were opened to see that this is what had happened to me.  The Holy Ghost is in me, and in all believers.  

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

No matter our circumstances, we are never alone for God is with us.  And we no longer live for ourselves, for we have been changed by God and are led by the Holy Spirit in us.