Thursday, December 11, 2014

There is so much to receive when we read the Bible properly

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Each day, we have been printing chapters in the Bible, reading through the Bible daily.  There is so much for us to receive personally when we read through the Bible properly.

I encourage you to consider how you are reading these chapters.

What I am doing to help myself to focus on specific points in the chapters are as follows.  I take a notebook and write down individual points presented in that chapter.  I think on these points.  Often I find the instruction given relates to my life one way or another.  To think on these things helps me in the faith and builds me up in the faith.

As an example, I give what I noted as I read yesterday's chapter on the blog:

Jn. 16  (This is what I have in my notebook today after reading this chapter on the blog.)

v. 2 ... whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.


Those who try to stop me from speaking (killing me) by avoiding me, or by trying to ignore what I have said, or by explaining away what I said ...will never be able to escape what I said for what I said to them was by the Spirit of God and the Word of the Lord endures forever.  I Peter 1:25


They will never be able to forget no matter how they try to do so ... forever that word will be there nagging at them, beating them down from their own works.

(encourages me to keep speaking wherever I go)

=============

v. 7 ... It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 

expedient:  to make something else happen this is necessary

So the "Comforter", the Holy Spirit could come ... also NT church came with crucifixion and resurrection and that also meant all (not just some as OT) would have HS

I wouldn't want to be on this earth without the Holy Spirit.

=============

v. 22 ... and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me? 20Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy. 21A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world. 22And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you. 

Jesus showing them the way they would feel at HIS coming death ... the world would rejoice when they killed HIM but they. the disciples, would sorrow, thinking HIM gone forever ... but HE would not be gone forever but because of this HE would not be able to be taken away from them ... thus your joy no man taketh from you ...

Jesus can never be removed from us ... Man can kill the flesh, the body, but not the spirit ... now Jesus is Spirit again ... no man can kill HIM ...

=============

v. 31 ... I am not alone, because the Father is with ME.

We, who belong to God, are never alone for Spirit of God is in us (with us) and also God and Jesus in Spirit.

===========

v. 33 ... I (Jesus / The Word) have overcome the world ...

The Word has already overcome the world ... same word is given us and thereby the world that has already been overcome is shown us rather than that powerful seeming world that will vanish away.