Sunday, December 14, 2014

Hearing what to do from God by HIS Spirit

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

30+ years ago, when God was putting me into ministry, one of the first scriptures I remember working through is the following.

Jn. 5:30 ... Jesus said ... I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.


If Jesus couldn't do anything of his own self, I was certain I wouldn't be able to do anything of my own self.

I knew the only way things would work is for me to hear from God ... to hear what God wanted me to do.

And I knew this would happen by the Holy Spirit reminding me of things, both scripture and/or happenings, which would show me what to do. (I Cor. 2 & Jn. 14:26)

Most people are in a trap of their own thinking and they bounce about like a ping pong ball bouncing from one wall to another or a leaf blowing in the wind ... going one way and then another and then another ... having no idea why things are going wrong and why they are stumbling about.

But we, who are of God and have the Spirit of God in us, do not have to be subject to figuring out what to do.  Instead we pray and wait on God to show us which way to go.  And God shows us that way to go by HIS Spirit.

For example:  I told you in yesterday's writing about the trouble with the woman who lives across the street from me.  Today I awoke thinking maybe I should write to her and explain what happened and even tell her I was sorry she had been troubled.  When I thought about writing her, I couldn't remember her last name.  I told God I would be happy to write her if HE would remind me of her last name.  HE did not remind me.

I sat there on the sofa and remained very still.  I knew I could not write on the blog or even read the Bible.  I needed to be settled by God.

After a few minutes I was reminded of a scripture where Jesus said, "If the blind lead the blind they both fall into the ditch."  I looked this scripture up to read it in context.

Mt. 15 ... Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up. 14Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.


The thing that stood out to me is:  Let them alone ... 

I knew God was showing me exactly what to do in the case of this woman who lives across the street.  Let her alone.  Don't write and explain.  Don't try to speak with her.  Just let her alone.

When you believe you have the way God wants you to go in the situation, then you simply go that way.  Until you hear from God it is impossible to know what to do.  When we have the Spirit of God we can hear from God  So we pray and wait until we hear from God.  It is very simple.

The people of the world stumble about in their own reasonings ... in their own thinking ...

Prov. 4 ... 18But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. 19The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.  

The people without God are blown about like the leaves in the wind.  The wind comes one way and they go that way.  Then the wind changes and goes another way and they go that way.  And they reason they have to do something they do not want to do because it is a "good" thing.

This week, I received a phone call from a local woman.  She goes about her neighborhood each morning and puts the neighbors' newspapers on their front porch.  She said she had planned to stop doing this several months ago but began receiving thank you cards from neighbors so she continued the work.  Then she planned to stop this after the first of the year but neighbors began leaving Christmas presents for her so now she says she will have to do this work "forever".  She says one woman is 90 and on walker and needs her paper.

So this woman has convinced herself by her own thinking that she must do this.

The important thing is:  What does God want me to do?  That is all that matters through all eternity.

But she can't hear from God, having not His Spirit.  So all she has is what seems right in her own eyes.

It is terrible and tragic but there is nothing you can do for anyone unless they have the Spirit of God.

And even when they have the Spirit of God it is sometimes a struggle reaching that person, but at least you can reach them, you have a good chance to reach them when they have the Spirit of God.

Thursday night a young man delivered firewood to my house.  After he finished he came in and talked with me.  I could tell his life is a real mess.  He joined a union to get work as an electrician.  Almost immediately the union job dried up and he was prohibited from taking a non-union job so he has no work as electrician.  He said he just got custody of his 3 year old daughter.  (obviously from previous wife)  He told me problem with current wife.  He told me he is good as carpenter and could make some money if he made wood items but he didn't want to work at his house. He said he probably shouldn't have joined the union when he did.  He said he might move back to Ft. Worth.  He was in trouble every way he went.  He will be in trouble no matter where he lives because he is doing things the way of most people ... trying to make life decisions by his own wits ...

A sure thing is living by God. 

The way of the world is dreadful.  I feel sorry for them but I know I can't help them.

And if we allow ourselves to be drained needlessly we are warned we could perish also.  Mt. 25 ... Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. 6And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.  9But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. 10And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. 11Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. 12But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. 13Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.