Tuesday, December 30, 2014

God provides everything needed to do His will

Exodus 31:1 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 2 See, I have called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah: 3 And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship, 4 To devise cunning works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass, 5 And in cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of timber, to work in all manner of workmanship.

6 And I, behold, I have given with him Aholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan: and in the hearts of all that are wise hearted I have put wisdom, that they may make all that I have commanded thee; 7 The tabernacle of the congregation, and the ark of the testimony, and the mercy seat that is thereupon, and all the furniture of the tabernacle, 8 And the table and his furniture, and the pure candlestick with all his furniture, and the altar of incense, 9 And the altar of burnt offering with all his furniture, and the laver and his foot, 10 And the cloths of service, and the holy garments for Aaron the priest, and the garments of his sons, to minister in the priest's office, 11 And the anointing oil, and sweet incense for the holy place: according to all that I have commanded thee shall they do.


Comments by Pam Padgett

After God brought the children of Israel out of Egypt, God spoke to Moses giving instructions for building the tabernacle and all that pertained to it and was needed.   Many things needed to be made according to the directions God had given.

For all that God commanded to be done, materials were available and HE gave men to do the work, giving them wisdom and abilities needed. 

Reading this passage of scripture strengthened my faith that God gives us what we need ... wisdom, understanding, abilities, materials, help ... whatever is needed to do what He has called us to do.    

And I was reminded of the following ... Almost three years ago Joan was given a dream showing her to start this blog.  She asked me to setup the blog so messages could start being posted.  At the time I didn't know what a blog was, so I prayed asking God for wisdom in how to do this. I had the thought to look on the internet to see what a blog was and how to set one up.  There was a lot of information there, and I asked God to help me sort through it.

One thing the Holy Spirit brought to my mind was that we needed something simple (not elaborate) since what was important were the messages.  This thought was used to show me how to sort through various options for where and how to setup the blog, and I was able to easily setup the blog on blogspot.  Everything needed was available and, amazingly, it cost nothing to setup the blog. 

When we needed a way for people to find the blog, we were led to purchase Google ads.  We have plenty of money to pay for the ads, and we could see that people were immediately finding the blog through the ads.

When God calls us to do something, He gives us the ability and provides what is needed to do the work.