Monday, December 29, 2014

Acts 17:24-25

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; 25Neither is worshipped with men’s hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;  Acts 17

When I think of our God, I think of THE GOD who made heaven and earth and all things and all people.  So far as I know the other religions don't think of their god as the GOD who made heaven and earth and all things and all people.  To me, this separates the real God from the false gods.

Before I was born again, one of my roommates got cancer.  It was very bad and had already reached the lymph nodes and I was there when the doctor came out and talked to family and he said:  "We will make her as comfortable as possible."  Basically saying there is no hope for her.

I was member of Methodist church at time but not born again.  I didn't know we could pray where we are but I thought I had to go to Methodist church to pray.  I went to the downtown church and went to the prayer room and prayed for Betty.

Later I learned the truth that Paul spoke in Acts 17:24 ... God does not dwell in temples made with hands.

And I learned that the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit ... our own body ... and that God dwells in the believers by HIS Spirit which dwells in us.  God is always there, day and night and at all times and seasons.  HE is in us.  Romans 10 ...  6But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:) 7Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) 8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.


The WORD is in us ... in our hearts and in our minds.  This is the New Covenant:  God says ... 16This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; 17And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.  18Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. Heb. 10

So we don't have to go hunt THE WORD.  We don't send someone to bring back THE WORD.

The Word is in us.

The Word surfaces to our mind by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us and brings to our mind the portion of the Word upon which we need to focus in the situation at hand.

Jesus says:  26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. 


After Jesus arose, the Holy Spirit was sent from God to dwell in the believer and to remain in the believer.

So now each of us who belong to God have God living in us by HIS Spirit and God's laws are put into our hearts and our minds by God HIMSELF.

This is the NT church.

And we worship God by obeying HIS Word which is carried to our mind by the Holy Spirit.  Worship is obedience to God's word.  Each time we obey HIS WORD we acknowledge that Jesus (The Word) is our Lord and we follow what HE tells us.