Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Helped with a physical problem

Pam Padgett - teacher

For a couple weeks I had been having headaches, sometimes causing nausea.  Taking aspirin helped, but didn't completely stop the headaches and the headaches kept returning.  After praying about this, my attention was drawn to the pain often being behind my eyes.  I believed I was being shown to have my eyes checked and immediately made an appointment with an eye doctor.  The eye exam showed that my glasses prescription needed to be changed. 

I could get glasses with the new prescription at the eye doctor's office, but it would take 7-10 days to get them.  I checked with another place that can make lenses for most prescriptions in one hour, but they said they would have to send my prescription someplace else because of a special coating and it would take 10-14 days to get them.  I went back to the doctor's office, which had the shorter time frame and is also more convenient, and ordered a new pair of glasses. 

While waiting for the new glasses, I knew the headaches would continue.  But I didn't pray about this.  I just gritted my teeth and tried to remember to take aspirin regularly, thinking I would have to endure a problem. 

Then one evening the Holy Spirit reminded me that I hadn't prayed about this.  I immediately prayed, asking God to help me.  Late that night I realized I hadn't taken an aspirin since praying and the headaches had not returned.  The next morning I didn't wake up with a headache, as had been the case previously.

For the most part since then I haven't had headaches, but there have been a few times I have had what felt like the start of a headache. When I have prayed, I've been helped in some way.  Once I was reminded that I hadn't eaten and when I ate the headache went away.  The few other times, I realized a short time after praying that there was no headache.

In my own wisdom it looked like I had no choice but to endure these headaches.  But God has provided another way for me in this matter, and I'm very thankful for this.