Friday, December 19, 2014

Being a blessing to everyone around us

Joan Boney ... apostle/ prophet

We bless everyone around us when we obey God and follow God.

Abraham was an example of this and it says of him:  all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? 19For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.  Gen. 18

I thought of Joshua and what he said ... 14Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.
15And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Josh. 24


To serve God, we must do things God's way.  As little children, we know we do not know what to do.  The world boasts in men and in their own intellect and takes pride in knowing what to do in all things.  We, like little children, ask God what to do, asking God for HIS wisdom.

James 1:5 ... If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.


When a person say to me, "I want to ask you something ..."  before they can say more, I am usually praying, asking God for wisdom, knowing I don't know, feeling unsure of my ability to answer them of my own wisdom and not wanting to do them harm.

Jesus says ... I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. 


It is so important to know that we don't know.  It is so important to know we can do nothing other than what we hear from God.


The only way that is safe is to turn to God and to ask HIM to show us what to do, to ask HIM for HIS wisdom in that which we are trying to do.

Knowing that we have done that is also a form of assurance for us after we speak.  For if we know we have asked God what to do, then we know what we came up with was not of ourselves.  We can trust God and depend on God.