Wednesday, December 10, 2014

When there seems to be a hole in your life, something lacking

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently Pam Padgett seemed to have a "hole" in her life, a need for something, something lacking ...

When we talked about this, it seemed it would be a good thing for her to get back into taking dog to visit people in homes and/or hospital ... She had done that with her previous dog but now she has a new dog.  The dog has been through the classes to qualify for the therapy dog program but it is more complicated that that.  Gracie, dog, jumps up on people.  She must learn not to do that for therapy work.  And Gracie has a problem also of pulling back from people and she needs to be willing for people to pet her for therapy program.

It seemed to me the more we talked about the problem, the more difficult it became.  This is usually a sign that humans are trying to do something.

Then I heard the following scripture ...

Phil. 4:19 ... But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 


I sent the following emails to Pam.

Email # 1
While it might be good idea to try to get back into the dog therapy and I know you want to do this, I believe the real answer is what you cited ... fellowship is with God ...

Most likely you let some thought in and it grew and caused problem ...

Main thing:  Devil is liar and no truth in him ... so when he speaks, he speaks a lie ...

=============

Email #2

To flesh it may look like hole in your life...

But I am reminded of

...my God shall supply all your need ... Phil. 4:19

I think we've just let some devils in ...I did this too because it looked like problem

But when we refocus on Phil 4:19 nothing can overcome God

We who belong to God do not have to provide our needs...they are already provided by God

I know I have no hole in my life...and none of us who have God's provision have need

Just devil thoughts...we overcome even that once it is exposed for what it is

===========

My life on this earth is very full though it looks like I have no life at all.  I don't often leave my house.  Sometimes I will be here three or four days at a time before going out.  I am alone 24 hours a day.  

I am very happy.  My time daily is filled and I'm often surprised at how fast the day has passed.

How can this be possible?

The answer is God's provision for me.  I start my day with reading and studying and applying the Bible to my life.  Often by the time I work through that which I read, two or three hours has passed.  This is God filling up my life with HIS Word, with HIS concepts.

I could read anywhere in the Bible and this would happen.  But I am currently reading through the New Testament beginning with John.  (we print these chapters from John in the blog daily to encourage you to read through the Bible also)

I read the chapter and focus on various key points brought forth in that chapter.  I like to write these concepts down in my notebook and build myself up in these things.

For example:  In reading Jn. 14 ... I focused on the following ...

- Jesus said ... I (The Word) am the way (the way to go), the truth, and the life.

What word have I heard recently

Col. 3 ... 1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.  3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

I thought again about this and what it means to me.

Then as I was working through Pam's problem, I was reminded of two things.

Phil. 4:19 ... My God shall supply all your need

And the teaching of the apostle Paul in I Cor. 7 ... Paul says an astounding thing in I Cor. 7 ... It is exactly opposite to our thinking ... Concerning marriage, Paul says ... (those who marry) such shall have trouble in the flesh: but I spare you ...  He that giveth in marriage doeth well, but he that giveth not in marriage doeth better ...

Pam is not married.  It is easy to think she is missing something.  So we must refocus on these things to see it correctly.

Some will not marry.  This does not mean they are deprived.  Some are simply set by God to focus wholly on things of God.  This is by the will of God.  I know that is what my life was to be and is.  I'm 77 years old and it gets ever clearer the older we get.  Pam is only in her 50's so it could change for her.  Either way (married or single), God fills our life for us.

===============

Last night, I began rereading the Old Testament.

II Tim. 3 ... 16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.  

I Cor. 10 ... 11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. 

I love reading the Old Testament ... My focus on God and faith in God is greatly helped by these examples in the Old Testament.

The main thing is to remember we do not live under some of those ordinances (such as circumcision and the various sacrifices for sin set forth in Leviticus).  Jesus is our sacrifice.  We live under the new covenant which God explains as follows.

God says:  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; 17And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Heb 10

As long as we keep this concept straight, the Old Testament can help us greatly in areas of faith in God and viewing God.

==============

Concerning our lives:

Psalm 23 ... The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.   3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

When we are following HIM daily, focusing on that word given by HIS Spirit at that season, how can there be any lack?  It would be impossible.