Wednesday, December 17, 2014

God resolved problem I thought I would need to endure

Pam Padgett - teacher

Recently I shared that I had been having severe headaches.  After praying asking God to help me with this problem I realized that the pain was behind my eyes and believed I was being shown to go to an eye doctor.  The eye doctor found that the prescription of my eye glasses needed to be changed.  However it would take at least 7-10 business days to get new glasses.  I assumed I'd need to "grit my teeth" and endure the pain, taking aspirin every few hours to try to dull the pain some, until the new eye glasses were ready. 

But then the Holy Spirit reminded me that I had not prayed about this.  When I prayed, the headache went away that night and I even woke up the next day without the pain.  A few times during the next couple days it felt like a headache may be starting.  But when I prayed I was either shown something to do that resulted in the pain leaving (such as getting something to eat or taking an aspirin) or the pain would just leave without my being shown to do anything.  Eventually even beginnings of a headache stopped happening.

For several days now I have not had even the beginning of a headacheThis can only be because God has done this. 

Earlier this week I drove about 4 hours to pick up a new puppy.  I haven't driven that long in a few years, yet there was no problem. 

Last evening I recalled that the eye glasses should be ready in the next few days, yet I haven't been thinking about this, waiting eagerly for the glasses to get here, because I haven't been troubled by painful headaches.  I thought back over how God has helped me each step with this problem and was so thankful for what He has done and wanted to share this.