Sunday, December 21, 2014

Becoming established by thinking on what God has done

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Where we want to focus is on what God has done ... not on what we have done.

Being established in God has to do with what God has done.  If we think on that which God has done in our lives or in the lives of the people in the Bible, our focus is correctly on HIM and not on ourselves.

When I think of this blog, my thoughts are usually on the fact that God gave me a dream which showed me the blog ... My focus is not on that which we write but rather I'm encouraged to do the writing because I know it was God showing me to start the blog and to use it as an instrument for the church.  (Also the blog allows me to exhort the church in the gift of exhortation given to me by God for the church.)

We think of God speaking to Abraham and causing that great nation to come from Abraham when it seemed impossible.

We think of God choosing Paul and speaking to Paul even as Paul had set about to capture Christians and have them killed.

God turns our lives about ... God changes us ... and when we think on what HE has done, we become established in HIM.