Saturday, December 14, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


The Word of God can seem very hard to those who are lusting after something of this world.

I met a man once who said he never read the Bible for if he did read Bible he would have to do what it says.  (This man has more insight than many church goers.)

The meekness of Jesus was to submit HIMSELF to God.  THY will be done.  If we can pray that and mean it, the burden will lift.

We come to HIM, the Word, and everything becomes simple and direct.

For example:  If we do the following scripture, all the complexities of money and riches of this world vanish.

I Tim. 6:1 ... And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

Those who are concerned about money are not focused on having food and raiment.  They are trying to get many other things. Or they are worried about future and how they will get things in future. This is why the burden is so great.

People who are fretting over the future, are not focused on the following instruction from Jesus:  Take therefore no thought for the morrow: Mt. 6  This would sound like nonsense to the world, not to plan for tomorrow.  But our instruction is another way.  Mt. 6  seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. I am surrounded by things that have been "added to me".  I have no idea how I got these things.  I just tried to do what I believed God wanted done and through the years things just came to me.

If you plan for future and try to do it yourself, you take on a very hard yoke and much fear.

The world plans so they can have enough without know how much is enough.

But when the LORD (the Word) is guiding us, is our shepherd, we have the promise that we shall not want.

Why would we try to provide for ourselves with planning when we have a sure thing in God?