Friday, December 27, 2013

Boldness needed

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

We see from Eph. 6:19-20 the apostle Paul feeling a need for strength in boldness to speak as God willed.

Paul says ...(pray)  for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. Eph. 6


It may seem to us that Paul was very strong ... but consider the following about Paul ... I Cor. 2, Paul describes himself ... And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. 2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 3And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:  5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. 

Moses was also very timid, fearful ...  He argued with God when God told him HE was sending him to deliver HIS people ... Ex. 3 ... Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.
11And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, (God persuaded Moses)

A boldness, courage, and faith is needed by each of us in our respective assignments.

Certainly those of you who are parents know this!  Dealing with your children would require a special wisdom and boldness and courage as was needed by Paul and Moses.  But when this is your assignment from God it is reasonable to believe God will put inside of you this boldness.  It can't come from your head.  It must be put in your heart by God.

I have found in my assignments God has a way of getting me to do what HE wants.  Sometimes HE will give me a dream.  Once I believe an angel of the Lord spoke to me to tell me the assignment ... that was when God put me on radio.  I said to God, "Are you wanting me to go on radio?  I'm not a speaker.  I'm a writer."  It really didn't matter what I thought I was.

Often the courage to speak comes to me as I am reading Bible.  I have courage (faith) to write this now because I was reading Eph. 6 and the need for boldness was stated by Paul ... I thought of how some hold back for lack of faith and lack of courage.

Your assignment may not be to care for the church as mine is but you may have children and if so your assignment is certainly to care for those children regardless of the age of the children.

Everything requires faith, courage, wisdom and boldness.  And it must come from God and we must have the faith when we call on God to believe HE will give us what we need in our assignment on this earth.

If you feel lacking and timid, you are certainly not alone.  Everyone feels that way.  Just look again at the examples of Paul and Moses feeling that way.