Friday, December 20, 2013

Much opportunity for sin in talk

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Prov. 10:19 ... In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise. 

Have you noticed how much opportunity there is for evil when we get to chatting with people?

Yet the world today is set on fire to chat ... cell phones and email and text messages make it so easy to talk.

And aren't we set on fire to share horror stories we have seen on newscasts?

None of this avails us or the listener.

Several years ago, elections were taking place in USA.  I am very non-political but I found even I began to want to express an opinion.  I almost had to put my hand over my mouth to keep myself from talking one day when I was with neighbors.  I didn't talk.  But it was really hard for I wanted to talk.

Keeping that tongue crucified can be challenging and the truth of Proverbs 10:19 is the more words said the more likely there is to sin.

It seems to me that everywhere I go people are saying careless words which trouble me for there is so much chance to sin when you speak by habit carelessly, without real meaning.  People are set on fire to talk.  And when I enter in with them I notice how I am set on fire also.

If I can remember to speak words that cause reflection of God in my conversation, I'm not so quick to jabber.

And if I can remember to call on God for help when confronted with such things it certainly helps me.

The pitfalls are everywhere I go.  But I seem to be saying fewer words now than before.