Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Word leads us and also confirms the way we are going

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Psa. 119:105 ... Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. 


When the Word of God comes to me by the Holy Spirit I know what to do in the specific issue of life.

Sometimes I make a choice and later have a word come which confirms the choice I made. Here is an example of that:  When I left the bridge center about two years ago and quit playing bridge,  I didn't look for another place to go or another activity.  I knew there was no place for me on this present earth.  I just stayed home.  After seven months of not trying to find "a life" on this earth, God gave me a dream showing me to go on Internet and do these writings we do for the church.  Within three days we were publishing on the blog.

Several people tried to get me to return to bridge during those seven months while I was alone waiting at my house.  God gave me a scripture which showed me not to return to bridge and not to try to find another secular activity... not to try to find my life on this earth ...

Phil. 2 ... Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation,

This scripture certainly gave me strength during this time and confirmed the way I had already decided.  For without a word, I decided not to look for "my" life.  I could have looked in newspaper and tried to find things in my town to go to and things to do here.  I thought about doing this.   Then it just seemed to me this would be futile and of no value.  So I decided not to look for anything to do.  Then I saw the confirmation in Phil. 2.

So sometimes the word is given to us to lead us in the way to go ... and sometimes we make a decision without the word and later have a word given to us by the Holy Spirit showing us we are going in the way of God by our decision.

So the Word leads us ... and the Word confirms the way.

Col. 3 ... If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.  3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.