Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Meditation Examples

Meditation:  Joan Boney

Eph1...In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12That we should be to the praise of his glory

I thought of Romans 8:28 ... If everything is working after the counsel of God's own will then Romans 8:28 fits that also ...And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

We are HIS workmanship ... came to my mind ... Eph. 2:10 ... For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. 

And the Holy Spirit searches the heart of God to reveal to us the will of God in the issues of this life ... I Cor. 2

And Jesus taught HIS disciples to pray ... Lk. 11 ... Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.


Is the will of God done in heaven?  I think we would agree it is.  It is very reasonable to us.

When it comes to people of God, we see much evidence that God will work circumstances to bring about HIS own will in their lives ...

This is comforting to me.  It causes me to relax, resting in God.


============

Meditation:  Pam Padgett

Psalm 37:4 Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.


delight:  take great pleasure in

The Lord, the Word of God, is true and pure.  It is light, with no darkness.  There is no corruption or deception in it.  I can believe and trust what God says and will never be disappointed.  It will stand and never be proven wrong. 

While thinking about these things, rejoicing in how true and pure the word of God is, I recalled being troubled a little earlier today when I heard someone being interviewed on tv.  This man presented as truth what was not true. When realizing this was troubling to me, I turned away from the television and turned to God about being troubled by the lies that were so smoothly presented as truth. 

There is much deception and dishonesty in the world.  (the whole world lies in wickedness) 

But I can delight myself ... take pleasure ... in what God has said, which is truth.  Such as .... 

God is with me, will strengthen, help, and uphold me.  (Isaiah 41:10)

God will never leave me nor forsake me.  (Hebrews 13:5)

Jesus will return, and those who belong to Him will meet Him in the air, the dead in Christ rising first, and we will be with Him for ever (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17)

These are true and will not change. 

Delight myself in what God has said, think on these things, and don't fret over evil in the world.