Sunday, December 1, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 119:114 ... Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


Those of us who belong to God run to HIM in time of trouble as a little child will run to parents when he is frightened.  HE hides us.  HE shields us ... and we hope in HIM.

Col. 3 ... If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.  3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Our life is hidden in HIM.

Once a radio station manager in Pittsburgh looked at me and said, "What a waste..."  I was about 38 at the time and he saw me as desirable marriage material and the fact that I was not married and had no children to him was a waste.  My life was hidden from this man.

My life is hidden from most people.  They look at me and do not understand.  I see this all the time. They consider themselves to have a real life and they pity me.  They do not see my life.  My life is hidden from them.

I have a very good life.  It is the life chosen for me by God.  I didn't choose it.  God chose it.  It is far better than that I would have chosen for myself and today I am able to see that.

I read the Bible starting each morning, usually before I get out of bed.  I eat the flesh of Jesus and drink the blood of Jesus by finding scriptures daily and by applying them to my life, conforming myself to the image of the Word.  Often several hours pass as I am working through scripture.  The time flies by.  And the meat of the Word of God is not like the natural food we eat, for natural food goes in one end and comes out the other.  The meat of the Word of God is good for today and forever, never perishing.  The things of this world seem so important but they are usually only good for a day before they fade.  When my neighbor was dying, he looked at me and said:  "I've decided it doesn't matter who wins the Super Bowl."  Those worldly things can seem so important only to pass as a vapor along with your life.  Before you know it, it is gone.  But the Word of the Lord endures for ever.  It is now for this life and for all eternity.  And it will not pass away.

They came to Jesus because they saw him multiply the loaves and fishes... Then Jesus said to them:  Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled. 27Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed. 
Jn. 6


Lk. 10 ... Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. 39And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus’ feet, and heard his word. 40But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. 41And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: 42But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her. 

If we can understand the truth of the following, we will see how important it is to meditate daily in the Bible and find food for ourselves from the scriptures.

Jn. 6

v. 33 ...  the bread of God is he  (THE WORD) which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

v.  35 ... And Jesus said unto them, I (THE WORD) am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

v. 48 ... I (THE WORD) am that bread of life.

v. 50 ... This (THE WORD) is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51 I (THE WORD) am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread (THE WORD), he shall live for ever:

v. 53 ... Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.




We eat the flesh of Jesus and drink HIS blood each time we take the Bible and look for a scripture that is meaningful to us at that specific time and study that scripture and then apply it to our life by making appropriate changes to our life.  This is the partaking of the Lord's supper.