Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Paul speaks of moderation

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Paul says ... Phil. 4:5 ... Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

Then Paul says ... I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: Phil. 4:12

I think I understand what Paul was saying ...

The situation will not affect my relationship with God and Christ ...  therefore I am "moderate" whether I am "abased" or whether I "abound".

I had a feeling of this moderation a few days ago.  I've swung all over the place in my lifetime concerning Christmas.  First, I wanted to "bless myself" (as people of the world do as Christmas) ... having all those "good" things ... a loving husband, someone who would give me wonderful gifts and show me I was loved ... and being part of feasts and such.  Then I swung the other way and was "against" Christmas and hostile.  Now I just don't care.  I think now I am in a position of "moderation"  ... Moderate means to make less intense.

I went to grocery a few days ago and the checker said, "Are you ready for Christmas."  I simply replied, "Yes." and I said no more about the matter.  I don't choose to put up decorations or try to find someone for dinners or do anything special.  But neither am I hostile.  I just go on with the same daily schedule that I always do.  It does not separate me from God in any way.  I know Christmas is not something that is of God.  It is a worldly event.  But it really doesn't bother me now.

In Phil. 4, Paul instructs us ... Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.


A week or so ago something happened that greatly troubled me.  It was in the sports world.  I listened to several reports of the story and many of the TV speakers expressed the same troubling that I felt.  But I didn't want to be troubled about this.  So I turned to God in prayer and prayed for help with my attitude.  I didn't have any specific instruction from God but a few days after this, I was talking to Pam and twice I thought of the subject over which I was troubled and twice I didn't say anything about it.  After we spoke, I realized God had answered my prayer and had helped me not to speak about this matter.  When we are troubled we so often carry the troubling story to others and spread to them the trouble.  I didn't want to do this and I sincerely prayed and I believe God did something inside me to keep me from spreading the matter.  I still don't like what is going on but I must somehow have been helped by God because of the fruits of not talking about it.  I really rejoiced in this help from God.

Pray over that which troubles you ... Phil. 4:6-7