Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Draw near to God first.

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Isaiah 41:1 ... Keep silence before me, O islands; and let the people renew their strength: let them come near; then let them speak: let us come near together to judgment.


Come to God.  Renew your strength.  Pour our your heart to God.  Then share what God has done for you.  Show HIS might in your weakness.

Paul told Timothy .. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. 14Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery. 15Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.  16Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee. I Tim. 4

For each of us:  Give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

A few days ago, I was looking for something to do in the 2 hours before bedtime.  I considered TV.  I considered reading Bible.  (I have a list of Bible chapters listed daily from our writings and sometimes I just sit and read those chapters.)  That night I decided I would read Bible chapters for a few minutes and then watch some TV.  I began reading the various chapters.  When I next looked up about 1 1/2 hours had passed.  The time flew by.  Then I moved to TV.  I found myself looking at clock while watching TV.  It seemed the time was creeping along.  It may seem silly to list these chapters from the blog and read from time to time when we have the whole Bible at our disposal and can read anywhere anytime, but every time I do this I am persuaded it is a good thing for me to do.  So I keep doing it.  And when I do this, often God confirms to me a writing to do for you such as this writing.  And sometimes I find when devoting myself to reading Bible this way it is like taking a shower, just letting the water of the word fall over my body.  I find it calms me and steadies me.  But always it is a good thing when I do this.

And Paul tells Timothy to give himself "wholly" to these things ...

Notice the statement in verse 16 ... Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

For  those who have children ... children of any age ... now that you believe in God and follow HIM, you cling to that which God has told you and you just continue to cling to that.  At first it might seem to negatively affect your household.  But in time, that wisdom God has given you and your faithfulness to do as God shows you will win out. Keep doing what is right in the sight of God even when everyone else goes a wrong way.