Monday, December 9, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 119:129-130 ... Thy testimonies are wonderful: therefore doth my soul keep them. 130 The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


In looking at Isaiah 11, the prophet spoke of God making a "highway" for the people of God.  And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.  Isaiah 11:16

When God brought the children of Israel out of Egypt, HE was very precise in leading them.  He used a cloud by day to show them when to move and where to move.  And God used a pillar of fire by night to direct them.

I was thinking about the "highway" for us today and how we, also, have very specific instructions.

Because of the examples and instruction in the Bible, I knew to get out of debt and stay out of debt.  This has guided me for 30+ years.  If I didn't have the money, I just didn't do the work.  I knew to be content with that which I have.  The way of the world is to charge now and pay later.  I know, because of various scriptures, that this is not the way of God.  It is a way to satisfy flesh.  It is unwise.   

We know to avoid fornication.  Fornication is never approved by scripture.  So we can see by scripture to flee fornication.

We know the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.  (Mt. 5:32) We see by scripture that if the woman leaves her husband, she is to remain unmarried or return to her husband.  (I Cor. 7) So women have an important guide in this subject.  We see by Mt. 5:32, if a man divorces a faithful wife and she remarries, he will be the cause of her adultery.  (Churches often explain away these scriptures but when a person really wants to see truth, these show truth.)

Scriptures show me to avoid fleshly activities which would glorify me.

It is like there is a highway and there are roads leading off the highway.  But if I stay on the highway without turning off, I will avoid many unnecessarily troubles.

Jesus explained it this way:  Mt. 7 ... Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:  14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.